Email appending can be a very helpful and effective tool for all marketers in the near future. Although it’s been in existence for quite some time, it’s not been used effectively and this is sad news. However, there are multiple reasons for it – It’s difficult to find a reliable email appending service provider in today’s time of frauds all around.
Here’s what email appending practices is – it’s the process of updating or adding a missing email address into your customers record within your database. This shall improve your email marketing metrics. Also, email appending is mostly adopted by seasonal email market campaign runners.
Here’s in brief how email append services shall help you as an email marketer
- It’ll definitely help you make an informed decision
- You shall definitely see a 30% increase in your ROI once you adopt to email appending
- Improves delivery rate
- IP reputation will be affected positively
- Your database will be cleaner and stronger
- Save a lot of your time
- Improvement in data quality
- Affordable and definitely quality- oriented
Trends of email appending
Several things need to be taken into consideration before you begin an email append on your database. If you do not do that, it can affect your data, you and your brand too later!
To keep you on the safer side, here are the best practices which shall help you let go of the bad old habits and help you reap the benefits of efficient email appending
1. Stick to solely appending customer data
Remember, this information you’re giving out is very valuable. Do not rush out to improve your email marketing results. Do not append email from some shady, cheap email append service provider. They do not care about their or your reputation or compliance.
Most importantly, email appending is a legal practice by DMA if it’s a 100% CAN-SPAM compliant.
When you send your data set to be appended, make sure, the list solely consists of your customers or people your company has interacted with and provided their details to you either online or offline. It may be in the form of a questionnaire, contest, and so on.
In the end, stick to customer contacts only and NOT prospect contacts while giving your database for email appending.
2. Opt- in v/s Opt- out
Remember, this is the first contact your email list individuals will have with your brand. Make sure you let them know that you’re sending out this mail with good intentions. The most suggested option here is the opt-in process. Here’s the thing, when too many individuals go for the opt-in option, it’ll negatively affect your IP address’s stability and reputation. Also, psychologically speaking, people like it when you seek out for their permission to be contacted. Yes, they probably had a connection with you in the past this, however, will probably increase your number of subscribers as a whole.
3. The welcome e-mail
It’s the most popular practice adopted wherein you or your email appending service provider can send out a welcome email. Most of the time, the service provider sends it out. However, you can draft one for the service provider and they shall send it out.
The welcome e-mail must have a standard set of options to make sure it serves it’s purpose efficiently:
- The subject line must contain the name of the brand, within first 10 words, preferably
- The message should be very clear stating the reason behind sending it out within the body of the mail
- To make sure it’s a CAN-SPAM complaint, you must give your postal details within the mail
- Do not sell anything in the welcome mail
- Opt-out/ in option must be accessible and clear and most importantly, it must be working well
- Ensure that you remove all the emails from the email list which have chosen the opt- out option
4. Keep the in- house list separate
You need to make sure you don’t mix your newly appended email list and you’re new in- house list- it’s extremely vital. However, you can definitely merge them after you receive responses from your welcome mail. This way, you’ll be sure of the result of the email appending job. It gets rid of bouncing of mails. Also, send out the welcome mail from a separate from a separate IP address, just to be precautious.
5. The email appending service provider
The email appending service provider you sign up for must be holding a good reputation. If not, you may be in tremendous trouble as your email campaigns may be worse than before! Here’s a question- how do you know who’s the best email appending solutions provider? Here’s how you’ll figure it out yourself:
- The must have strong client lists, to start with. As for references from the past clients just to cross check
- If they’re new in the field, find out how much they know and believe in them if it’s worth it- you never know how great a genius that service provider may be
- Do not focus on the cheap service providers as there’s definitely something fishy about them
- Do your research, read through the testimonials and so on to find out the email append service provider which is just perfect for you!
Some basics you can expect from a good email appending service provider:
- No charge for delivered and matched opt- outs
- No charge for now- matched records
- Free of cost for bounces
No matter how good the b2b email append solutions provider is, things may go wrong. However, you must check everything and ensure that both you and your service provider are on the same page when it comes to the output. Things need to be in place while you append your email list. Or else, things may go from bad to worse.